Macleay Island Local Services
Macleay Island ArticlesGenerally Visitors arrive from Search Services directly to the Macleay Island site Articles, Login to create your Ads, Articles and Events in any Australian Town or City.
Got something to say? A Great Strategy is to create your content here first and THEN like it to your Social Media Groups. Get it?
Macleay Island Photo GalleryA Compilation of network Member Photos tagged in Macleay Island When you ad your Articles, Ads and Events you can Nominate your Photo to appear in a Gallery. Member Photo's will automatically Backlink to your Website or Social Media Services. Generally Visitors arrive from Search Services directly to the Photos and may click through to visit your Business or Community website. A Strategy to boost visitors to your website or service is to write Great Article and include your Photos in a Gallery
Singles and Dating
Macleay Island Singles and DatingThe Make a Heart service is being developed by the Australian Regional Network for Macleay Island Residents, you can also try our other Dating Services on this link for 18-25's and Seniors Dating 50+
Macleay Island ChatRemember the days of the CB Radio? Not many do.. Old Style Chat Rooms accross your Town, State and Nationally.. A Free Service for Macleay Island and a Place to Meet
The macleayisland.qld.guide Odd Spot
Interesting facts about Macleay Island
Macleay Island is one of the largest islands in the Moreton Bay region, overlooking the coast of Queensland, Australia. Here are some interesting facts about this beautiful island:
1. Macleay Island, along with three other islands in the area, collectively forms the Southern Moreton Bay Island.
2. The island was named after Alexander Macleay, who was a former Secretary of State for the Colonies in the mid-1800s.
3. Macleay Island is accessible only by water transport, such as ferries or private boats. There are no bridges connecting the island to the mainland.
4. The island is a popular destination for fishing, crabbing, and boating enthusiasts. It is also a haven for bird watchers, with over 200 bird species found on the island.
5. Macleay Island has a population of around 3,000 people and provides a relaxed and peaceful lifestyle for residents.
6. The island has a rich history, with evidence of Indigenous occupation dating back at least 25,000 years ago. The traditional owners of the island are the Noonuccal and other Quandamooka people.
7. Macleay Island has a vibrant community, with a range of services and facilities available to residents and visitors. It has several shops, cafes, and pubs, a community hall, a library, and a health clinic.
8. The island is surrounded by stunning waterways, mangrove forests, and wildlife, making it an ideal place to explore by boat or kayak.
9. Macleay Island is renowned for its scenic beauty, particularly at sunrise and sunset. Many locals and visitors enjoy taking walks along the island's peaceful shorelines.
10. The island has a close-knit community, with regular events and festivals held throughout the year, including the Macleay Island Arts Complex, the annual Easter Cane Toad Races, and the Island Vibe Festival.